Now Every Child Can Learn!
So you suspect that your child has dyslexia?
Do you notice these behaviours?
- Seems quite bright but but unable to cope with schoolwork .
- There are good days and bad days for doing work e.g. reads more fluently on some days.
- Generally disorganized e.g. can’t get clothes or books ready for school, forgets or loses personal belongings.
- Seems very frustrated at times and/or has temper tantrums when doing schoolwork.
- Restless - unable to sit still.
- Concentration poor / easily distracted.
- Confuses and reverses letters similar in shape e.g. b and d, u and n, p and q.
- Sometimes reverses whole words when reading e.g. was for saw, on for no.
- Frequently loses place on a page - needs to point.
- Frequently forgets and confuses common words and grammar e.g. was and were, they and there.
- Can’t remember words previously learnt even within the same day or same text
- Reads very slowly and hesitantly, finds reading very effortful
- Many alterations or crossings out in written work , difficulty keeping on lines, written work looks generally untidy.
- Difficulty copying from a book or board
- Finds writing a tiring activity, writes very slowly.
If you notice these behaviours in your child persistently, then it time to contact a professional to screen your child for dyslexia.
You can do a simple screening for dyslexia at just $50 in about 45 minutes to confirm dyslexia before embarking on full psychological assessment which costs a few hundreds and takes a few hours or days to complete.